Monday 20 August 2012

Thrift Haul

It was the last of four large car boot sales that happen throughout the summer, at one particularly pleasant venue. 

I was selling at the last ones, but still recovering from my surgery I was attending as a buyer this time instead. 
Mr Thrift Bee was talked  into joining me. Mr Thrift Bee does not like car boot sales, and once he decides he doesn't like something it is very hard to get him to change his mind. 

He came along in good humour and carried my bags all morning. It may have been because of this that i went a bit mad, bought quite a lot and even managed a few things on my thrift list.


You spend all your life dreaming of one day owning your own camper van and then all of a sudden two come at once!! The VW is a money box and of course will be used for the camper van fund. The other was given to friends that are currently actively shopping for one, hopefully as a good luck charm.


For €1.50 i couldn't resist another vanity bag, good condition inside, but I think the outside used to be white and someone dyed it (badly) blue. 
I probably have enough Le parfait jars but never pass them up. 
The large jar with aluminium lid is a cracker, Mr Thrift Bee spyed it ,he has a good eye, and often spots things that i have missed and this jar was only €1.


I picked up a nice selection of crochet items throughout the morning.


A letter tray/paper organiser has been on  my thrift wish list for some time, it is easy to find plastic ones but i was very pleased with these Ikea ones.


I have also been after a new fruit bowl. I dropped something on the one i have had for years and needed a replacement. It will also be used as a salad bowl on occasion. Little Bee is a great fruit eater and i'm a big believer in always having it in easy reach for her just to help herself. Another well spent €1.


We don't own a scrabble board. This is a travel one in its own zip up case. It's not old, the letters are plastic, but it will sit with my collection of board games waiting for a camper van, or a power cut.


Finally some vintage teatowels.


'Cooking with apples'
Nice recipes printed on it. We often get given bags of apples in autumn from kindly neighbours with more productive apple trees than our own.
Our best apple tree will this year, be offering from its boughs, just one solitary apple, which  is about the size of a small plum.




            London landmarks. (pre London Eye which was when i lived there and met Mr Thrift Bee)



From the year i met Mr TB - strange to me to think this classes as proper vintage now! 
Neither of us have ever been to Australia. I just need a 26 year old Australian to gift it to.

Linking up with the following



25 comments:

  1. nice haul...the Oz teatowel made me smile...I assume Adelaide is the graphic with the grapes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grapes graphic has Barossa Valley SA.on it.

      I have to admit my knowledge of Australian geography is limited.

      Delete
  2. Great finds :) Good luck with the campervan fund - hope you reach your goal very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, It won't be at all soon. Unfortunately. But if its meant to be then i'll get there.

      Delete
  3. We've got three VW campervans (Jon collects them like I do maxi dresses) but refuses to have any campervan-shaped stuff in the house, he says it's okay if you haven't got one but too predictable when you do. Good luck with the fund, they're getting more pricey by the year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much as i would adore a VW, Mr Thrift Bee is adamant that they are not reliable. Would you and Jon back up his claim? or are either of you very handy with the engines.

      Delete
  4. Your crocheted things are GORGEOUS and love the travel scrabble game. Could do with one of those. Since getting Betty the camper, quite a few presents from friends are campervan shaped...including a mirror! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, i don't even know how to play scrabble.

      Delete
  5. Great finds. I'm a bit of a tea towel nut so of course I love yours. So happy you're out & about and feeling better.
    Connie*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,

      Thanks so much. I'm feeling so much better and am thankful every day.

      Delete
  6. Wow! you were as lucky as me!Love the vanity case and glass jars. I was working down your neck of the woods last week in Bray, beautiful down there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know what brings you down south. Galway etc. Yes, i must admit, Wicklow is a fabulous county. We're very lucky.

      Delete
  7. Love the London tea towel, right up my street!
    I have had a bit of luck with tea towels this week too. Only prob
    Em is, when they are really nice I never want to use them ;)
    Emma (Oooh Betty) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same Emma, but you know, now you've said it I'm going to use them and enjoy them.

      Delete
  8. Great haul! It's always good to have someone to carry the bags.

    Love the style of the vanity case, it would look beautiful covered in fabric of decoupage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decoupaged the inside of an old school case recently. But to decoupage the outside of this case would never have crossed my mind.

      Thanks for that - genius idea!!!

      Delete
  9. Lovely finds. That's the sort of carbooting/charity shopping haul I really like, all sorts of bits that just take your fancy, or you have been looking for, all at once, for very little outlay! Perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Curtise,

      Thats exactly the sort of haul it was, doesn't always make for a fancy creative post though. There is never much outlay when i go c'bootin'.

      Delete
  10. I love the campervans! And I'm jealous of your lovely fruit bowl. I gave all of mine away before moving overseas, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh we are loving scrabble too at Car Boot Booty do pop ove and link up this fab post http://family-budgeting.co.uk/2012/08/26/car-boot-booty-scrabble-rings-pretty-things/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the blue beauty case!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
    www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here you can sell and buy both new and used products.
    Free classified sites are perfect for selling just about anything at all.
    More at via link

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. It really makes my day. I have removed word verification to make it less hassle. Sure don't I know yer not a robot!